What does it mean to be a leader?
In a recent IndustryWeek article, an author summarized seven leadership principles from the University of Michgan’s Tauber Manufacturing Institute. What is interesting is that the same principles that create a strong personal leader also create a strong company leadership position as well.
- A strong work ethic.
- An attitude that we will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- A “can do” attitude to challenge, and ultimately demonstrate a high energy level to smash, long-standing paradigms in the business.
- A keen sense of urgency, a passion to run to the problems and a dedication to use good process, not heroics, to eliminate the root cause of problems.
- The discipline to work with a sense of priority.
- A sound time management system for daily use.
- The ability to lead by example.
Lead by example! Showcasing your critical leadership attributes is key to success. Today’s manufacturers are looking to partner with leading companies that can help them be more productive. Do you want to tell your leadership story in a unique way? New Equipment Digest showcases you as a thought leader and innovator to NED’s influential manufacturing professionals. Click here for details.